ARE YOU BEING PAID FAIRLY?
• CALCULATE Your Wage Gap
• START A WAGE CLUB with small group and meet regularly to hold strategy sessions on money, negotiations skills and what to do if you are being paid unfairly.
• Conduct a WORKPLACE PAY AUDIT
• SEND A SMART STARTS WORKSHOP REQUEST to set-up a SMART STARTS WORKSHOP at your college.
• Are Your Rights Being Violated?
MAKE AN IMAPCT
• HELP PASS NEW YORK STATE LAWS!
Women & Work
Wage Gap Stats
• AAUW - Beyond the Gender Gap
• Catalyst – Pipeline's Broken Promise
• Legal Momentum - Women: Now Learning More, Still Earning Less
New York Info
• WCECA - Self-Sufficiency Standard for the City of New York2010
• Bravo, E. (2007). Taking on the big boys, or, Why feminism is good for families, business, and the nation. Mariam K. Chamberlain series on social and economic justice. New York: Feminist Press at the City University of New York.
• Murphy, E. F., & Graff, E. J. (2006). Getting even: Why women don't get paid like men-- and what to do about it. New York: Simon & Schuster.
GREAT RESOURCES & LINKS
• American Association of University Women
• Institute for Women's Policy Research
• League of Women Voters of NY
• National Committee on Pay Equity
• National Women's Law Center
• New York Women’s Agenda
• Women Work
• The Shriver Report
Join the Equal Pay Coaltion
MORE COMING SOON!